RunTeach takes your data processing and privacy seriously. The information we provide to clients will be concise, transparent, intelligible, easily accessible, we will always try to use clear and plain language.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you complete any form on this website, including the pre-assessment form and our contact form. We may also collect information from you when we speak with you on the phone, by email or other forms of messaging and during in-person meetings or appointments
When completing any form on this site, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number, amongst other information required for us to set up your running/movement assessment, lessons, coaching, and to deliver a high level of service to you. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
You are not obligated to provide us with your personal or financial information. However, as this information is required for us to carry out a running and/or movement assessment and related services, and to comply with the relevant regulatory and Data Protection guidelines: we will not be able to offer our products or services without it.
RunTeach takes your privacy seriously. We take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To better personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To actively comply with any regulatory requirements as necessary
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To set up and conduct your running and/or movement assessment, lessons and coaching. This is required to help ensure accurate assessments and recommendations.
- To send periodic emails or other messages. The email address and other contact information you provide during your booking with us, or other query, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your booking and/or query.
- By “your information” we mean all personal and financial information about you that we:
- obtain from you;
- learn from the way you use and manage your account(s) with us; and
- collect from your computer, where available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Note: If you are subscribed to one of our newsletters or other update or marketing lists, you may unsubscribe at any time from receiving future marketing emails. We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. Be advised if you have an active booking with us we will continue to use this email address to contact you regarding any changes or updates to this booking.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for six years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
How do we protect your information?
RunTeach take takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your explicit consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have explicitly consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw such consent at any time. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information at every stage of the booking, query or request.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than where there is a legal requirement.
You have the right to access any personal information that RunTeach processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
You have the right to request access to the the data we hold about you. It may take us up to four weeks to provide you with this data and it will be provided initially free of charge. Subsequent requests for copies may be subject to an admin fee.
Lodging a complaint
RunTeach strives to comply with all data processing legislation and only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however, you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint. Complaints should be lodged initially with us (firstname.lastname@example.org). You may also complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We use the principle of legitimate interest as the legal basis for the processing and storing of your data.